Sherry, Ron, et al,

To each our own.

I have been using the Unknown date convention for 15+ years with several genealogy programs and never had a problem and, since doing it, I have never had a 400 year old person listed as Private or Living... AND, from my web sites have had lots of folks write me to fill in the details where I did not have it.

john.