There is a problem with anything causing a freeze.

I haven't seen this freezing myself and I think
that's what Jay is saying - they didn't see the freeze either.

The program can sometimes appear to freeze
because a secondary window has opened behind
instead of in front of the primary window. Using
Alt + Tab to cycle through  open programs
stopping when you get back to Legacy can cure
this as the hidden window comes to the front.

Re File Maintenance in Legacy. The Legacy
database is a Microsoft Access database. These
databases need regular maintenance. You do that
from the File Ribbon - File Maintenance -
Check/Repair. You need to do it regularly or you
will have problems. It's not the cure for all ills but it cures a lot.

For this sort of freezing issue if Alt + Tab
doesn't solve it are probably best taken direct  to Support.

Cathy