On 26/12/2013 14:19, Graham Love wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 'Flat' and '3-D'
> (Customise 8.6)? Both appear exactly the same for me

The difference is fairly subtle, I think, but if you compare the "boxes"
in the top part of Individual View (ie where birthdate, birthplace etc
appear) these have a slightly sunken appearance when 3-D is selected.

but I see there are
> text boxes in 8.6 - are these meant to contain anything?

I think they are probably meant to demonstrate the difference in
appearance between Flat and 3-D but part of the 3-D one seems to be
missing and the effect doesn't really show.

--
Jenny M Benson