On 26/12/2013 16:16, lio . wrote:
> 1. When you source a document, where do you put the transcription - in
> the Master Text, or in the Detail Text?

Being a lumper (which is actually correct practice for a relational
database, although I don't always carry it to the full extent which I
should) I put transcriptions in the Source Detail because that is where
they are relevant.

For example, I have a Master Source for  Birth Certificates from the
GRO.  A transcription and an image of the Certificate are attached to
the Source Detail wherever a particular Certificate is cited.  Another
example, I have a Master Source for the Book "Monumental Inscriptions of
the British West Indies".  I attach a transcription and image of the
relevant entry to the Source Detail whenever an entry from that book is
cited.

> 2. Are you using the new Shared Events feature? Any issues?

I haven't fully explored this feature yet, but I don't think I will be
using it.   Using the Birth Certificate example, I have the Birth as a
Vital Event for the child and I create an Informant Event for the person
who registers the Birth, citing the Birth Certificate as a Source for
both Events and for other information such as the parents' names.  For a
Census, I create an Event which has each person's details in the Desc
field and a listing of all the members of the household in the Notes
field.  I am very happy with this arrangement and don't see how a Shared
Event could improve on it.

--
Jenny M Benson