What a strange comment (not the US Centric bit - Legacy is US based
and so is US Centric but it's easy to use it for other places. Most
of my research is UK and Australia and I've used Legacy for years
without problems. I just ignore some of the specific US features).

I don't have a lot of US locations but have never had a problem
adding USA to the end of them. The Master Location list isn't biased
against them.

Perhaps you've used the Options in the Master Location list re
expanding or contracting locations and have lost USA that way?

Or are you using the link to Family Search? Family Search prefers
United States.

Cathy