The swap difficulty with notes is no longer as problem in Legacy 8.
There is still a difficulty transferring between a regular and a vital
event however. The Vital Events have no Description field. To work
around this in Legacy 8 any Description from the regular event is
transferred to the Vital Event Notes as the first line (existing event
notes are appended after this line). If there is any possibility you may
want to switch back do not remove that first line of the vital event
notes. If you later switch the vital event with a regular event the
description will be replaced in the regular event with the contents of
that first line.

In Legacy 7 my testing showed that the notes transfer correctly to the
vital event. It is notes from the vital event that got cut off when they
were transferred to a regular event. This is the opposite of what you
imply in your message. Legacy 7 will not be fixed.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com