Actually  the date given is 8 April 2014.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help

The windows site says "As a result, after April  8, 2014, technical
assistance for Windows XP will no longer be available,  including automatic
updates
that help protect your PC. Microsoft will also stop  providing _Microsoft
Security Essentials_
(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download)  for
download on Windows XP on this date. (If you already
have Microsoft  Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive
anti-malware  signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean
that your PC will  be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing
security updates to  protect your PC.)"

On the  youtube page someone said the support will go to 2015 but I haven't
found  anything on the Windows site to agree with that.  Am I looking in
the wrong  place?

Marie

Marie Varrelman Melchiori, CG, CGL
Melchiori  Research Services,  L.L.C.
CG,  Certified Genealogist and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service
marks of the Board for Certification of  Genealogists ® , used under
license by
Board-certified associates after periodic  competency evaluations.

In a message dated 30/1/2014 1:07:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,