Be aware that you only get that message if that source is already being used
otherwise it will overwrite that source if no citation is being used. Make
sure you choose one that is being used already.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele/Support
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:17 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Master sources

Yes, I do it all the time but you need to be VERY careful when you do this.
Bring up the source you want to use but alter.  Click Edit over on the right
side.  Make the changes you need.  Now click Save.  Make sure that you
select   2. APPLY THE CHANGES TO A NEW COPY OF THIS MASTER SOURCE.

You don't want to accidentally pick the first option or you will overwrite
the one you already have and then you will have a mess.

Make sure that you don't forget to change the NAME of the source too.

Michele
Technical Support
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com
www.LegacyFamilyTree.com