From: Roger Lamprey
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:09 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] A simple place-name question

When recording the place of an event, we should record it as it was at the time
of the event, rather than as it would be referred to today.

In that case, how should we refer to the American Colonies as a group for
events taking place before the United States became a nation (maybe just
"American Colonies"?). And, at what date did the crossover from that name to
"United States" take place?

Thanks!

Roger Lamprey

Russell G. Strong
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy program
can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.legacyfamilytreestore.com/Articles.asp?ID=133&Click=1114
Oh so many branches and not enough time to check out all the roots!!!.
Check out my Genealogy Pages at http://www.rgstrong-genes.com .