From: singhals
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 5:42 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] ISO labor-lite suggestions re tagging

Database/familyfile of ~15,000 persons and  5100 marriages.
ORIGINALLY created by keying in the contents of a genealogy
book.  First done in PAF5, then ported to Legacy 7 and then
to 8.

Everyone in the book ought to be in the db/ff.
Unfortunately, while documenting those people, I've added
people who should have been in the book but aren't

It's too late to tell me I should've thought of this sooner,
so we can skip that part of the class.

I need a *quick* way to tag maybe 25% in the db/ff who
aren't in the book.

I /can/ hypothetically sit here with the book in one hand
and page through it again finding and tagging those people.
  I suspect the Galaxy will atrophy before I could finish
that because apparently I have to have the person in the
"primary" position to click a tag. 5 marriages took close to
2 hours.

I considered the "tag family", but that'll end up tagging
everyone, including a sibling and descendants who aren't in
the book.

I can find /some/ by the omission of the import source. That
won't help the ones added prior to moving it into Legacy.
Ideas welcomed here.

Cheryl
--
Russell G. Strong
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy