Cindy,
See below

-----Original Message-----
From: magnoliasouth
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 2:17 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Report questions.

Hello all,

I have two report questions.

The solution, I think is just putting it in the clipboard and stamping
over the older stuff. That's fine, but the problem is how can I get a
Source Detail report to see which ones I need to fix?

Go to Reports menu>Other Tab>under Miscellaneous Reports click link Source
Citations and then tick what you want to Include and check the Options tab
for other options for the report.

The second question is a location and time thing. Is there a way to
find who all lived in a certain place at a certain time? Let's say I'm
looking for anyone that lived in Texas in 1830. How would I search for
that? It could be birth, or death, or marriage or residence or
anything. They just have to be in Texas in 1930. I was hoping to find
a location timeline but I don't see anything like that.

This one may be a bit tricky but you could try finding all people that have
a date for 1830:

open Search> Look for whom=Individual, Where to look= Any Date, How to
look=Contains, What to look for=1830
tick Second Condition Or Look for whom?=Marriage, Where to look=Marriage
Date, How to look=Contains, What to look for=1830
un-tick third conditions
Clear List before this search
Create List

for the next one you need to have an empty tag number
go to Advanced Tagging and under Advanced Tagging tic Tag Make changes on #
choose a tag number then Click on Everyone in Search list.

Next
Look for whom?=Individual, Where to look=Tag # that you used above, How to
look=Equal To, What to look for=Tagged
Second Condition And
Individual, Birth Place, contains, Texas
Third Condition Or
Individual, Death Place,contains, Texas

Clear List before this search
Create List

if the list contains any individuals without the tag you selected then don't
use the Third condition and rerun the search
if that was not the case and they all had the tag number you assigned then
you will now need to do another search but this time
you will be adding the results to Existing List and changing the second and
third conditions
if you had to not do a third condition then you will have to do extra
searches to find the place fields that were missed without the third
condition so..

Second condition and
Individual>Chr Place>contains>Texas
Third Condition Or
Individual>Burial Place>Contains>Texas
tic Add results to existing List
Create List

next
Second condition And
Individual>Event Place>contains>Texas
Third Condition Or
Marriage>Marriage Place>contains>Texas
Add results to existing List
Create List

and the last place to check would be Marriage>Marr.
Event-Place>contains>Texas

again add to existing List and create list. I think you may have to not do
the Third condition for all of the searches as it may select those you don't
want so it may be better to have only the primary being the tag # and the
2nd condition the place you want to find from all of those that I entered
above.
Once you have searched all the place fields for the above criterion then go
to the advanced tagging and choose another tag to tag everyone in search
list or if you do not have another tag available you can untag everyone with
the one you used before and then Tag Everyone in Search List with the one
you just cleared.
Now you have the people you want with the tag you want. While the Advanced
Tagging screen is open you can put a description in the tag number so when
you scroll over the tag number it will remind you of what is used for.

hope this helps

--
Russell G. Strong
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy