Cathy,
The update was on the server but did not trigger my program that it was
available.  This shouldn't happen no matter where the program is installed or
where the family file is located.  The program and data are in the default
locations and 1.2 is set to open the last family file opened.  The strange
thing is that this is the second time it has happened to me and not in
consecutive updates.  The last time was early in the version 8 history.  If no
one else has this problem it must be with my setup.  Everything is in the
default locations and nothing strange about my data.  Can't put my finger on
what could be causing this.
Thanks for your ideas.

Bobby