From: Cathy Pinner
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:23 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] [1][1][1]....????

Elizabeth,
No question is silly if you don't know the answer.

It doesn't matter where they save the zip file so long as they can
navigate to it with the Legacy File > Restore dialogue. So they have to
know WHERE it is but it doesn't matter where it is.

They should choose a sensible place to save the restored file - like
C:\Legacy\Data which is the default folder for Legacy 7.5. That it's the
default folder doesn't necessarily mean saving in that folder is
automatic. Remind them to look at where the file is going to be saved
before clicking the Save button. Different versions of windows have
slightly different layouts for this dialogue but they all include an
address bar of some sort showing where the file will be saved and the
means for changing this place.

Cathy

--
Russell G. Strong
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy