From: mvmc...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:29 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Combining family files

Question.  If you use that procedure what happens to your source citations?

I use CLOOZ and my sources are numbered and the number placed in the "Detail
screen; File ID field" of Legacy. Each family would have a Birth 001, Birth 002
etc.  I'm assuming each item would have to be hand re-numbered?

Marie

Marie Varrelman Melchiori, CG, CGL
Melchiori Research Services, L.L.C.
CG, Certified Genealogist and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer are service
marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists ® , used under license by
Board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.

In a message dated 5/28/2014 8:02:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
emjay...@gmail.com writes:
  On 28 May 2014 13:11, cdmill...@frontier.com wrote:

  > I have separate family files that I wish to combine, but still keep the
original
  > files.  These pertain to grandparents who were both Millers.  The new file
would
  > be called Miller/Miller, but I would still have the originals named Daniel
  > Miller and Mary Miller.  Can someone advise me how to begin?  Sure
appreciate
  > your help.

  Open one of the files. Note that the titlebar reflects the name of the open
  file. Now, save it using the combined file name, using the File--> Save File
As
  command. the titlebar now gives the new combined file name. Next, you can
import
  the second Legacy file into your new combined file.

  --
  Regards, Mike Fry
  Johannesburg

--
Russell G. Strong
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy program