Jenny,

I think you've hit one of the problems of how much to lump and how much
to split.

If you haven't lumped so much, you can just edit the Master Source.

When viewing Parish Register Images, I make the Church my Master Source.
Perhaps that's too split for some people, but I'd never go beyond the
English county (or diocese) in one Master Source when dealing with
actual images. I want to be able to use Show List from the Master Source
in a useable way

I lump more for transcriptions.

Whether or not to redo sources is an individual thing. If it was well
done at the time, I wouldn't - especially in this case as the
information is still on FindMyPast even if the quickest search method
has changed. If you aren't satisfied with the source citations you have,
then you also may not have given sufficient attention to the data, so it
may be worthwhile revisiting them.

When looking at online images, I generally source the original and
record where I've seen it rather than record what to me sounds more like
the index to the images by giving prominence to the website. As we know,
images once only available on one website are now available on a number.
When you source a census image, do you source Ancestry or FindMyPast or
xyz website OR the actual census? That may not be strictly correct, but
anyone can find my sources whichever website they choose to use of
course provided their preferred website has the images of the originals.
I know Elizabeth Shown Mills at times seems quite pedantic as digital
images can be changed. I guess I'm slightly more trusting.

Cathy