Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 00:15:58 -0500
From: bartonle...@optonline.net
Subject: [LegacyUG] Oklahoma!
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com

I was entering the birth date of a distant cousin, born in Overbrook, Nowata
County, Oklahoma in 1892, according to a descendant’s tree on Ancestry.  When
inputting this into Legacy, it told me that Nowata County was not founded till
1907.  So I googled Oklahoma counties and found that Nowata’s parent entity was
“Cooweescoowee District of Cherokee Nation;” how do I list this person’s
birthplace?  Is there an explanation on the web as to how to cite Indian lands
in Oklahoma that did not become U.S. counties till the 1910s or thereabouts?
This is not the first time I have come across this problem. Thanks, Barton