Amen to that! Way too much complaining.  People need to look in the mirror.

      From: Tom Eckle <tomec...@gmail.com>
 To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
 Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:06 PM
 Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] no problems

Agreed, some folks have way too much to say about minor issues.   Legacy, runs
on a Microsoft Access database structure and as such is able to run on a wide
variety of hardware configurations....but sometimes  there is a hiccup when
Legacy encounters non-conforming hardware or out of date drivers , or a myriad
of user errors...most are recoverableable by rebuilding the database(file
checking).
Hopefully, by now we have leaned  that "all systems fail, "not if but when" and
have taken the necessary steps to recover from such a failure without data loss
or in most case too much work. If anyone reading is  not creating several
backups on a regular backup schedule, both offline and online, be warned you
are on very "thin Ice".
The legacy program and all of its "free" support is a great values at $69+ for
the deluxe version.  In my experience no other genealogy software comes close
to this value.
In my opinion the focus of a user group should be helping each other learn to
use the software most effectively not complain about the software's
sortcomings....Tom Eckle