your 3rd grandfather would be your grandson’s 5th grandfather

From: Martha Graham
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 7:24 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Relationship calculation - charts, etc

Good Afternoon,
I was intrigued by the questions and tried an experiment or two.
Here is what I wanted to do: Figure out how my 3rd Grandfather was related to
my Grandson.

1.  I changed the Relationship settings from myself to my 3rd great-grandfather.
Then I used the Miscellaneous Search functions to set the parameters I thought
might produce the report I wanted.

2. Open the 'Search' Function, click on the 'Detailed' Tab
The first set - Select: Individual. Where: Dropdown box, select Surname. How,
Equal. What: I entered my 3 x G Grandfather's Surname: Averill

3. Second Set: Individual, Relationship, Equal to, Related
4. Third Set: Individual, Surname, Equal to, Simonaro [my Grandson's Surname]

Use 'and' in all the slots.
Then Click the 'Create List' tab at the bottom.
Guess what? My grandson is not related.
If I set the 'and' to 'or' in the 3rd set, it produces a list of 97 people who
are related.
The search list of the 97 people can be tagged and a report made.

Martha
In Los Osos, CA