From: Martha Graham
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:55 PM
To: Mailing List for users of Legacy Family Tree software
Subject: [LegacyUG] Searchable PDF's & linking

Good Afternoon,
I have a document that is very lengthy and which contains information on
multiple collateral families I have in my active database.

I can convert it to a searchable pdf so that any name or location can be easily
found.
What I would like to be able to do is to link the pdf to a particular person in
my data - similar to the way images can be linked.

I know that online links can be added to Events and Event Notes so that they
come up on a FGS or Report, but is there a way to link to the pdf so that it
can be accessed on a report created from Legacy without it having to be on an
online source?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martha
In Los Osos, CA