It seems that something like that would be a source and not an event.

-----Original Message----- From: Martha Graham Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:53 PM To: Legacy User Group Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Descriptions in Events
Hi Jennie,
Thank you.
It is not the event notes I wish to change, it is the event description. But I thank you for the detailed explanation.
Here is what I have:
Event Name: Family Files
Event Desc: Blank
Event Date: Jan 1997

Here is what I want to have
Event Name: Family Files
Event Desc: Zink Data
Event Date: Jan 1997

I did an experiment yesterday that worked, sorta. And now cannot remember exactly what I did. But I did get the event Desc inserted globally. But, because I made a new file with all 386 folks in it - which turned out to add the families. Did an 'oops' - anyhow, long story shorter... I managed to get the Zink Data inserted. but then added the people back in to a new master file and it duplicated them. Well, that was ok because I had them tagged, but it unlinked some of them and to be honest, I am not sure why it unlinked some of them.

Back to the drawing board this morning.
I did notice the event notes stuff which I hardly ever use. Played with it a bit, but it will not do what I want.

You are probably right, what I want to do is not within the capabilities of Legacy at this point.

Cheers,
Martha
In Los Osos, CA