It sounds to me that the new hashtag option is more like another way of tagging existing events/facts, rather than adding them. Legacy only has nine tags but the hashtag option appears limitless, therefore no need to ever clear the hashtags. I presume there would be an option for creating lists of the various events/facts or items with hashtags.

John

-----Original Message----- From: Robert57P_gmail
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:31 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy 9 questions

When/why would one use a "hashtag" instead of an "event/fact"?  Or would
some things be entered in both places? (putting something in both places
seems like it might be a bit of a pain.)

Why the name "hashtag"?  Doesn't seem very descriptive to me . . . but I
can't think of a better name at the moment.

If I currently have something in an EVENT/FACT in version 8, but it
should really be a HASHTAG - how do I move it?  (I've only downloaded
the free copy of version 9 so far and hashtags are only allowed in the
deluxe version - so I can't experiment/play with them.  Answers to the
above questions may become "obvious" once I have the deluxe version??)

I thought one of the features that was being written into "the next
version" of Legacy (a.k.a. version 9) was same sex marriages.  But, from
what I'm seeing, this still is not allowed.  And I don't see any mention
of it in the "what's new" info.  I'm sure I've seen posts saying the
programmers are working on this feature (or at least looking into it),
but it looks like it still isn't there.  Is there an ETA for this feature?

Thanks,
Bob