Mea culpa. My desire to help others and my frustration about lack of Unicode
caused me to briefly forget the harsh reality that Legacy’s bottom line is
about making money.

John

From: Sherry
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:07 AM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Data Entry Default Events

Dave,

You only mentioned AQ in passing, but I was commenting on your way of thinking
that you stated in your first sentence.

I didn't create the rules.....

Certainly other programs have been mentioned in passing, but not quite the
promotion that the other poster gave.

And yes, Unicode has been on the "wish list" for a long time. However, the
current programming language that the programmers are using - VB6 - doesn't
support that. Until they can learn another programming language and port Legacy
over to that, the program won't be able to support Unicode. Some of the most
avid users of Legacy have found a "work-around" by using Western European fonts
- they find the advantages to Legacy far outweigh the inability to add their
Eastern European ancestry with the correct spelling.

Sherry