I do not know about computer programming but I think it would have been better
for all if Millennia had bitten the bullet a long time ago to update its
technology to handle Unicode etc. I imagine the longer it has been left while
adding more “bells and whistles”, the harder it has become to rewrite Legacy on
new technology.

Nations like US and Australia are very multicultural and increasingly so. To
me, Unicode should be a core feature of any family history software. Meanwhile
bells and whistles like graphs or plotting of migration or nationality are very
inaccurate and gimmicky for people with ancestors from parts of the world where
borders have frequently changed. The same person can have a “nationality”
different to their ethnicity or language. They may have lived in the same
location for their whole life but lived in several countries due to border
changes etc. If you really want to know about your ancestors and their lives,
you need research the history of the specific town/s they lived in. Many of the
names will require Unicode. Even then, care must be taken because sometimes
many different towns can have the same name. Therefore Google Maps can lead you
astray- another reason why plotting locations can be very inaccurate or
gimmicky.

MyHeritage has Unicode and users from all over the world. It is hard to imagine
why they would want Legacy unless they intend to rewrite it with Unicode or
scrap it altogether. Since there is no intention to include Unicode in Legacy
10, maybe the latter is their intention. But who knows- reality is often
stranger than fiction.

If MyHeritage rewrites or changes Legacy, I only hopes it keeps its various
screen views- uncluttered, aesthetically pleasing, easy to follow and navigate,
easy to explain things to people who not family historians or genealogists etc.

John