You would want Y-DNA to track male lineage.
I used that for my dad. Unfortunately, after his death when I tried to get
the autosomal added, they had no more of the DNA left.
So don't just assume you can upgrade at any time.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Carrie Pillow <elkerlo...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> If you use Ftdna, you can upgrade your test at a later date as funds allow
>

> Regards
>

> Carrie

Patti Vance Hays
*~ you live as long as you are remembered ~*
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pattisgenealogypages/