From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Teresa Goatham
Sent: 20 August 2017 14:44
To: legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How do I install v. 8 on an iphone?

Why do you want Legacy on your iphone? - Before getting Families work out if
it will meet your needs. It doesn't let you do everything Legacy does.

The main reason I want a mobile version is so that I can visit a place or
archives office, and view my 'to dos' for that place / repository.
Nearly all my 'to dos' are linked to individuals. The Families app only
allows you to search general 'to dos'.

You can see individual 'to dos', but only by going to that individual, which
I find completely unsatisfactory - you then have the hassel of noting the
relevant individuals before going out, noting priority order if there won't
be time to see all etc. If I'm going to do all that it's not that much more
to note the archive reference no. etc as well.

The Familes app lets me do everything I have no need of doing on it, but not
one of the most important things that is needed in a mobile device!

The solution for me, therefore, is to forget about Families, exporting my
'to dos' to a spreadsheet and put that on my ipod touch, or (what I mostly
do) update my tree on a notebook computer and taking that withme.
Small and light enough to carry around in a churchyard or whereever as well,
and much less fiddly to update.

Teresa

On 17/08/2017 03:27, Sherry wrote:
> You can't. Legacy is a Windows program.
>
>   You can get Families from TelGen and install that on your iPhone to
> sync between Legacy on your PC and your phone
>
> TelGen's website is http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/
>
> Sherry
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Albert Johnson
> <johnsona1...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> --

---