Yes, add them as an island. See the Add Ribbon bar - Add unlinked person.
You can have as many "islands" as you need. You can see what they are at View - Trees. Note you must click the Refresh button to see the latest situation. It's not automatic as with a large tree, it takes time and if you're working through small islands, you don't want to wait to have them discovered every time you return.

Cathy

dennis gelpe wrote:

My question revolves around a family name that name-wise seems
related, also based on origins in Europe, but I have no connecting
data to known family members. So, do I enter the name into the
existing family file as an island (and can that be done) or is there a
better solution until I do fond a connection? Thanks.
Dennis