Hello Gary,

Further to what others have posted...

On 2018-12-21 5:17 p.m., Gary Crull wrote:
I'm thinking of putting my research on to a web site.  <snipped>
2) are any notes for individuals put on the site

Because this is only selectable by type of notes I keep information to be published on the web in the General Notes. Anything to be kept off the web is in the Research or Medical Notes.

5) how does the 'world' know you have a site

It's found with web searches, but there are conditions and things you can do to ensure your site has a higher ranking in the search engines than other sites. Explaining this requires much more discussion that can be done here but you could investigate "Google Search Console".

Does anyone have a site they've created with LEGACY that I could look at to see what one looks like?

Like Bryan in NZ I also use Rootsweb's Freepages. My main site is at <https://sites.rootsweb.com/~hotrum>

Note however that all my Legacy-generated pages are run through an editor which I wrote to fix a few minor problems and add extra features to them. Then the edited pages are uploaded to Rootsweb.

Cheers! -- Dave N.
--
  David Naylor, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
---