From: "Phil" <ppa...@bigpond.com>
To: "legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com" <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>; "pg51be...@outlook.com" <pg51be...@outlook.com>; "Phil Grace" <ppa...@bigpond.com>
Sent: 22/04/2020 11:51:41
Subject: [LegacyUG] adding illegitimate children

Hello all: This is my first question to ‘the group’ and I trust you will be patient while I find my way around.

I have looked at the Legacy help pages and most of the group posts on the subject matter but still cannot find the ‘right’ way to achieve the results I am trying to create.

The actual situation I’m trying to record comes from a ‘ regular’ family where Dad married Mum and they had several children but unfortunately Dad died young.

Mum then remarried (her second husband thus becoming stepfather to the children from her 1st marriage).

What followed, has caused my recording problem as three of Mum’s daughters each had a child prior to marriage.

The biological father of two of those children proved to be the aforementioned stepfather – for the 3rd child the father was unknown.

I can’t seem to include the two (stepfathered) children without Mum being shown as their mother (she would actually be their grandmother !) by virtue of her being the wife of their father (the stepfather, Mum’s 2nd husband) nor can I avoid the stepfather (the biological father of Mum’s daughters’ children) being shown as the husband of Mum’s two daughters who bore the stepfather’s two children !

The ‘unknown’ father of the 3rd daughter’s child is less of a problem until that daughter marries (but not to ‘unknown’) and starts her own family, when her pre-marriage child is then shown as the son of her new (1st) husband.

This latter problem also occurs with the other two daughters and their pre-marriage children (fathered by the stepfather) when they marry for the first time and start their own families with their new (1st) husbands.

Please HELP me to record these events correctly.

Many thanks, stay well, best wishes from.....Phil Grace