June,

Ancestor Colours are just that. Colours applied to your direct ancestors. Your father has a colour because he is our ancestor, his brother does not because, although he is related to you (Uncle) he is not an ancestor.

If you use Tools > Set Relationships with yourself as the starting person you could add relationship as a custom column on the Index to show how you are related to people.

Brian Kelly