Ian,

Where are you entering the date (ie. what search tab are you using). I tested the Detailed search tab and I had no problems with searching from there. Search took only a few seconds to find a person using the find any date equal to Mar 1832 (I have no records in my file with your 23 mar 1845 so I had to use a date I knew was in the file).

I also tested the Query by Example tab and it worked equally quickly.

Brian Kelly