Open the spouse list for him and make sure that the two wives are correctly sorted by date.

Brian Kelly

On 04-Apr.-22 1:19 a.m., fred.c.bar...@gmail.com wrote:
Greetings from New Zealand,

I have just had Legacy create a pdf Descendant Report and there is an anomaly that I don’t know how to fix.  My great grandfather, James William Bussey, was married twice and had a total of 12 children, 2 by his first wife and 10, including my grandfather, by his second.  But on the Report his second wife and her children are shown first and then the first wife.

So in the Report, it reads like this:

James married Jane SMITH, daughter of Isaac SMITH and Frances MILLS, on 4 Aug 1872 in Ramsgate, , Kent, England [followed by the 10 children]

James next married Emma FOSTER on 2 Nov 1862 in Margate, , Kent, England [followed by the 2 children]

The dates of the two marriages are correct, so why is the later one appearing first?

I imagine I have got a setting wrong somewhere so if you can suggest what might be the problem, I’d be most grateful

Many thanks

Fred