Cathy
Thanks for your help. Will try some of the options you have suggested.

-----Original Message-----
From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> On Behalf Of
Cathy Pinner
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2023 1:41 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] File savng and charting

What file, if any, opens when you open Legacy is controlled by Options >
Customise 1.2 The folder Legacy expects your data file to be in is the one you
specify at Options > Customise 6.1.
You do not have to use the Legacy Default of ...\Documents\Legacy Family
Tree\Data\ folder If you have your data file in folder that is syncing with the
Cloud, make sure it is keeping local copies on your computer.
The Documents folder may be in OneDrive depending on your OneDrive settings. If
OneDrive is on your computer, you often have to check regularly whether it is
keeping local copies and whether it has your Windows Documents folder inside of
it or not. It will have a Documents folder probably but it may not be the one
Windows is recognising. I don't sync my Documents folder with OneDrive so the
one Legacy uses is not in OneDrive but there is still a Documents folder there.
Your Legacy settings are stored in ...\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\_AppData\
folder in whichever Documents folder is being recognised by Windows. If you
move the Legacy Family Tree folder or rename it, it will be recreated with
Legacy defaults.

I'd start by restarting your computer. That's a Restart which is a complete
clearing our of memory and starting. Unless you've turned off Fast Start, the
operating system is simply hibernated when you ShutDown.

The Restart may solve your Charting issue. If not, you may need to reinstall
Legacy. I'd first try reinstalling without uninstalling first.
Note Charting settings are held in ...\Documents\Legacy Family
Tree\LegacyCharting  So this is another thing that will be mixed up if the
\Legacy Family Tree\ folder has been moved or renamed or is syncing with a
cloud without a local copy being kept on the computer.

If Legacy isn't asking you to backup your file when you exit, then either you
haven't made any changes to the database or you have lost the setting in
Options > Customise 12.5 on the Prompts/Reminders tab.

Hope that helps.
If it doesn't, contact Support. supp...@legacyfamilytree.com

Cathy