Frederik Ramm wrote:
> No comments on that by anyone? Rob, Gervase - you're the ones who are
> most outspoken about copyleft, would such a solution seem acceptable
> to you, or do you need copyleft to the bitter end?

It's not to the bitter end; copyright restrictions fall off after 50
years or whatever. But I guess that if we are using a multiple-law
strategy, some of the laws don't have expiries. Can anyone tell us what
the situation is there, for certain?

I would strongly support an expiry at something like 20 years, and I
think OSMF should seriously consider that if it turns out that the
contract or other parts of the legal protection are perpetual. But I
don't think I'd support it anything like as soon as a year. I doubt we
could come to an agreement on a level that would keep PD people happy
and copyleft people happy. :-|

Gerv