Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The "All rights reserved" may be misleading. They'll be basically weaving all
> rights:
>
> The only peculiar thing is that, when you have to attribute the City, you
> can't say "This data comes from the Ville de Sherbrooke government"
> or "Courtesy Ville de Sherbrooke". You *have* to say "© Ville blah blah blah,
> all rights reserved".

I knew these two points sounded familiar:

<http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2007-April/000308.html>

(No coincidence: I was told they based their license on GeoGratis'.
They merely added more legalese.)

Unfortunately, given the cold reception given to GeoGratis last time, I
can't say this fills me with great confidence.  :(

> Moreover, depending on the canadian law, there is an easy workaround for this
> license: you're explicitly granted all rights over any modifications of the
> data. In certain jurisdictions, just converting the data to another format is
> a modification. Do the math.

Yeah, that *is* weird.  I wonder if their lawyers intended to say that.

--
Not only Guinness - Linux is good for you, too.
                -- Banzai on IRC