Legal,

The ODbL (potential future OpenStreetMap license) relies on the meaning
of "Substantial".

The ODbL 1.0rc defines it as:
"Substantial" - Means substantial in terms of quantity or quality or a
combination of both. The repeated and systematic Extraction or
Re-utilisation of insubstantial parts of the Contents may amount to the
Extraction or Re-utilisation of a Substantial part of the Contents.

On behalf of the Licensing Working Group I have started a wiki document
to define what we as a project believe "Substantial" to be in
OpenStreetMap's context.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Substantial_Defined

The ODbL 1.0 Release Candidate is available here:
http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

Regards,
 Grant