Hi,

Gervase Markham wrote:
>>      http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use_-_Discussion_Draft
>
> These seem very long indeed. What risks are we mitigating here? If they
> are significant, why does every website in the world not have to have
> one of these?

Yes, I'm also very tempted to dismiss the idea of having these at all.
It sounds quite laughable. I could imagine we would have to have these
if we were an US corporation but hey, we're in Europe as long as not too
many people vote UKIP once Gordon Brown throws the towel. I guess the
rationale behind terms like these is that if user A sues you because
user B used the web site to hack A's computer, you can always say "but B
acted against our terms and conditions". But I don't think that user A's
case would hold any water before an European court.

"Except as otherwise permitted, any use by you of any of the OSMF
Materials and OSMF Site other than for your personal use is strictly
prohibited."

Are we talking about osmfoundation.org or openstreetmap.org? Because if
it is the latter, which parts of the web site are NOT under either GPL
or CC-BY-SA, making any restriction ("personal use only") illegal?

I could probably find something idiotic in every paragraph if I put my
mind to it but I'd rather do something else.