On 15/07/10 03:27, Liz wrote:
A majority of *contributors* have not voted, not even a majority of
contributors who edited anything in the last year.
Offering a vote to those who paid a fee in pounds or euros to belong to a
particular organisation (OSMF) and ignoring the far larger group who were not
offered a vote but actually are the legal copyright holders does not make a
valid poll.

It makes it an entirely valid _poll_. Of course you can't relicense without getting everyone's permission, but if you are determining the direction of an organization, the people who you ask are those most invested and involved.

Do you know of people who want to be OSMF members and yet genuinely can't afford the £15 or whatever it is? I thought OSMF had mechanisms for that, but if not, I'll happily step up and sponsor someone. How about you?

Gerv