Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote on 25/08/2011 05:53:04 PM:

> Having an agreement with the mapper along the lines of the CTs is
> clearly safe(*), a statement on his wiki page, who knows?

I'd come down on the other side of this line.  It would be easier to argue
that some long click-through agreement was unread or misunderstood.  An
explicit statement that you have included on your wiki page that your
edits are unencumbered, in the public domain and freely available for any
use is pretty convincing to me.

I'm still using some public domain sources to assist in contributing to
OSM. I don't think anything I have agreed to in the CT prevents me from
using other's PD contributions incorporated with mine, and I'm currently
quite comfortable in that position.

Ian.