On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> Luis
>
> The LWG has spent considerable time discussing the "geocoding issue", so
> it is not as if we've ignored the subject.

Didn't mean to imply that work hasn't been done! I've read all the public
threads I can find :)  But the wiki doesn't reflect that, and the wiki is
where most "outsiders" are going to go to try to figure out the question,
since it is most googleable, linked to from many places, etc.

So, yes, I think it might be fair to say that the LWG has punted on the
> geocoding issue at least for now, to spend its time on issues which are
> more likely to be resolved.

I think it would be helpful if the wiki at least reflected that. If there
were links from there to the relevant mailing list threads, it would (1)
warn people that this is a tough issue and (2) they might find some useful
analysis/background in them.

Normally I'd try to organize some of that myself, but since I'm a lawyer
for an organization that will likely consider some sort of geocoding at
some point in the future I'm extremely reluctant to put words in anyone's
mouth or in anyone's wiki.

Luis