Hi,

On 11/21/2014 09:08 PM, Josh Livni wrote:
> We know that some of this imagery can be especially useful in Crisis
> Response situations, and therefore we are explicitly authorizing usage
> of Skybox for Good imagery in any current HOT Activation
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation>, under the condition
> that changesets and/or features that are derived from Skybox for Good
> imagery and committed to OSM are attributed to Skybox.
>
> This could, for example, include the method of attributing Skybox as the
> "source", or a similar method deemed appropriate by HOT.

This probably calls for two things:

1. We will need a complete catalogue of HOT activations with exact time
when they start and end and polygon for which the activation is valid,
because any data that has a "Skybox" attribution and falls outside these
spatio-temporal limits has to be removed.

I guess such a list probably exists somewhere in HOT but it now becomes
important for the wider community because for the first time there's a
relationship between the exact time and region of a HOT activation and
whether or not certain data is legal to to keep in OSM or not.

2. The methods by which our common editors select aerial imagery to
offer to the user should be extended to be able to accommodate the
information that certain imagery is only allowed inside certain polygons
and certain timeframes (and editors would ideally have to pop up a
warning if what you're currently mapping is outside of such a
spatio-temporal window).