On Thursday 30 June 2016, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> it isn't easy to do this properly, you would have to analyse the data
> and make judgements. A script could do it, but it would have to be a
> very complex analysis and you would have to put a lot of judgement
> into the rules of this script. Two different scripts would likely
> make different judgements.

No matter how you do this - you would make it impossible to show a world
map based on OSM data since the screen would be completely filled with
attributions and no space left for a map to display.

It would also be extremely unfair towards the normal individual mappers
because their attribution (which is currently the main one
behind 'OpenStreetMap Contributors') would be buried among tons of
others.

The whole idea to me seems completely impractical.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/