I'll be using this thread to document how I study Komodo's
autocompleter code. This code is *big*.

leo/src/Komodo.leo in the trunk contains the .leo file that I use to
study the code. It highlights various files with interesting
documentation.

As we shall see, creating a .leo outline is a start, but much more is
needed.

Only by actually executing code can one learn what it *really* does.
At best, docs can only reveal what somebody *thought* would happen.
Docs rapidly become out-of-date. Worse, docs typically give no help in
the task of adapting code for different purposes.

The test script in Komodo.leo already demonstrates that Leo can
execute significant Komodo code.  To do this, the script adds various
directories to sys.path.

My initial plan is to alternate between studying the sources and
stepping through interesting sources with a debugger.  My strategy:

1. Leo will use the Komodo code **unchanged**. The code is simply too
big to try to change.

2. Leo will use adapter functions/classes to access the underlying
Komodo code.

3. Leo will **ignore** many features of Komodo, including syntax
coloring and all the Komodo editor code.  Ignoring code does *not*
mean removing code.  Again, I'll leave all the Komodo files alone.

Important: my hope is that it will be possible to ignore all non-
python code in the Komodo system.  I can hope to do this because
Komodo uses scintilla (c-based) code for syntax coloring and editing.
But Leo doesn't need this code so there is a significant chance that
Leo can remain pure-python, even when using Komodo.

4. Leo will use the Komodo database files (.cix files) as they are.
In particular, the .cix files representing the standard libraries for
various languages can be considered part of the source code.

5. Komodo has several command-line tools that generate .cix files and
other parts of the Komodo system.  The plan is to ignore those files.