On Apr 7, 7:40 am, bobjack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> find-word
[snip]
> goto-character

The fixes are on the trunk.  Again, the change to the editWidget
method means that these commands can not be applied to text in the
minibuffer.

find-word is such a useful command that I added a variant: find-word-
in-line.  The former now finds the next word anywhere in the (usually
body) text.  The latter limits the search to the present line.

BTW, these commands (and also the how-many command) now prompt for
input in the minibuffer, as usual and as expected.  Using the status
line for the prompt was confusing.

I'm so glad you are using these commands.  They should have been
tested long ago, but it is difficult to write unit tests for code that
wants arguments.

Edward

P.S. These fixes are useful enough to deserve a bug fix release, but
that isn't going to happen.  I want to encourage people to use the bzr
trunk.

EKR