But note that LeoInteg still relies on Leo having already been installed,
since it must start the LeoBridge and a headless Leo executable.

On Friday, May 12, 2023 at 3:46:19 PM UTC-4 Thomas Passin wrote:

Felix will say more, but LeoInteg, running as an addon in VSCode, talks to
Leo via the LeoBridge to ascertain the state of the tree and the contents
of Leo's nodes.  So it's like a repeater in a way, and you can work with
the tree and body in LeoInteg instead of Leo's Qt panes.  Leo commands can
be run by LeoInteg because they are sent to Leo for execution.  As you can
imagine, not all Leo commands and plugins can work, but all the standard
equipment does, including the forward/backward navigation arrows.  The tree
and editing operations are much the same as doing them in Leo.