Recently, I realized that I was never going to retire. I was the last to
know, hehe. Programming has been my life for 50+ years. Nothing is going to
take its place.

However, work on Leo *is* winding down:

FĂ©lix has completed his line-by-line code review of most of Leo's code. I
expect few new quirps to turn up.

Leo can do everything I ever hoped it would. It's impossible to be creative
without a juicy problem. No such challenges remain for Leo.

leoJS will give Leo features that I could never hope to duplicate. Why
compete with the thousands of full-time engineers working on vs-code? And
there are thousands of vs-code plugins.

*Summary*

No significant tasks remain for Leo, but I'll fix bugs as they arise.

Perhaps a juicy Leonine problem will arise while working on *other*
 projects.

Edward

P.S. Leo got started as a way to understand Knuth's TeX
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX> program. Last week, I started playing
with LaTeX <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX> for what is known as music
engraving <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_engraving>.

What a difference 45 years has made! A vs-code plugin renders LaTeX almost
instantly.

The challenge is figuring out which combination of dozens of existing tools
will be most convenient.

EKR