Stef Bon wrote:
> Now, the adding of the mountpoint to the auto.master file (and the
> reloading of the autofs daemon) is done by ConsoleKit, which runs
> scripts it finds in the some directories (/etc/ConsoleKit/run-session.d)
> The problem here is that these script may not too long. This is
> problematic, because determinating the networkresources an user
> has access to, can take some time, and can even take too much time, when
> there are networkproblems. So, I cannot let ConsoleKit wait for this
> script to finish. I've read some where that you can achieve this not
> waiting behaviour by adding an "&" after the shell script. An term for
> this is running asynchronous. Ok, but now what happens? ConsoleKit does
> not wait, which is what I wanted, but it looks like that my "add network
> mountpoint" script is running completely ascynchronous. It's calling
> other programs, and it looks like everything is running asynchronous,
> and it's making a mess of it.
>
> Does anybody know what's happening here and how I can prevent this?
> I hope you as reader can understand the problem.

Well,

I've solved this. When logging into KDE, there are tow seats added (one
for the user, the other for the kwrited program)

This means that ConsoleKit runs the scripts it finds in the
/etc/ConsoleKit/run-session.d twice, almost the same time.
My script was not capable of handling this. Now I'm using a lockfile to
prevent running a scripts twice at the same time.

Stef Bon