Hello,

can somebody tell me more about how a bridge and tun/tap works.
I'm trying to setup a host for virtualization.
Now there are enough sites describing howto do this, but I still do not
understand how a bridge setup
with bridge-utils works, in combination with eth0 and tap0, tap1 etc.

Now I read that the eth0 with a bridge does not get the ipnumber
anymore, but the bridge. Huh??
A bridge gets the ip address?? Why??
Isn't it the meaning the connected tap devices get ip addresses in a
transparant way through the bridge, and that
the bridge itself does only .... bridging!

It works, but I do not understand, can someone explain this??

Thanks in advance,

Stef Bon