Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Thanks for the research. I can see why you did it this way, because of
> the way CFLAGS changes through the configure script. We could also do:
>
> 's/-O2/& -march=i486/'

Well I used this sed, except I changed 486 to 686, and everything built
successfully. Checking the logs, the Glibc build system doesn't seem to
make use of g++ or c++ anywhere, so the change to CXXFLAGS seems
harmless. The advantage of the above is that it is shorter, but the
advantage to Dan's original is that it is obvious we are adjusting the
CFLAGS variable. Of course, that can always be explained in notes, too.

Anyone have a preference? I'd like to get Matt's patches and this change
into trunk today, if possible.

--
JH