On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathan Coulson wrote:
>> from https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25609
>> Comment by Tom Gundersen (tomegun) - Sunday, 21 August 2011, 15:52 GMT-4
>> I had the issue explained to me by the udev maintainer, and my
>> understanding is that in order to set the value udev relies on a
>> feature from what will be linux 3.1 (which we obviously don't ship
>> yet):
>> <http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=88bfa3247961fe5f3623f4d2cf1cd5dc72457598>.
>

> "git.kernel.org could not be found. Please check the name and try again."
>
>   -- Bruce
>

>> As a temporary workaround, I suggest adding
>>
>> echo 2000 > /sys/module/block/parameters/events_dfl_poll_msecs
>>
>> to your rc.local.

yeah, wanted to look at that myself.  I think the entire kernel.org is
down due to being compromised.

Meant to add a bit more text to what was there,  but I had a unmounted
drive that would not eject (even if I put echo 0 >
/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/lock).  [lock was set to 1].  Did a bit of
googling, and found the above report.

The udev changelog had the following

http://www.spinics.net/lists/hotplug/msg05030.html

udev 172
========
Bugfixes.

Udev now enables kernel media-presence polling if available. Part
of udisks optical drive tray-handling moved to cdrom_id: The tray
is locked as soon as a media is detected to enable the receiving
of media-eject-request events. Media-eject-request events will
eject the media.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------