Working with systemd, there seem to be lots of "learning" issues.

I was trying to watch the boot sequence and the screen clears and I get
a login prompt.  How to disable clearing the screen?  Well that's simple
enough:

mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service.d

cat > /etc/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service.d/noclear.conf < EOF
[service]
TTYVTDisallocate=no
EOF

<sarcasm>
Isn't that special!  How intuitive!   Compare to the standard login that
does nothing unless you specify a clear tty sequence in /etc/issue.
Who says the user knows more than the systemd developers?  See how easy
systemd is to learn?
</sarcasm>

Now I come to setting up udev and networking.  I have the rule:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

The contents are

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", \
ATTR{address}=="00:11:11:79:4d:17", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", \
ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="enp*", NAME="eth0"

It doesn't work in udev-211, although it did using udev-208.  I can add
net.ifnames=0 to the kernel command line and get eth0, but why doesn't
the custom udev rule work?

Actually, when I run

# udevadm test-builtin net_id /sys/class/net/enp0s25

Then the rule kicks in and renames the interface, but it doesn't seem to
run automatically.  Armin, do you have any insight?

   -- Bruce